Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Creative muse...

I truly know what it means to be "amused" while creating. I experienced it, that giddy feeling when something you make with your own 2 hands and a few fun supplies works. I mean really works, beyond what you imagine. Sometimes those little creative experiments just do not work like you want them to, or like you in visioned them to be. But when they work, it is so much fun!






Last month I was given a pair of shoes. Comfortable, sturdy, sensible, plain boring white shoes. I thought that they needed a little pizazz, something to make them not look so much like nurses work shoes.



I wondered what would happen with some Staz-on ink and a few rubber stamps. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say, and if it didn't work, I would have a great pair of garden working shoes. Fortunately the end results were awesome! Beyond what I could have imagined.

I used 4 different rubber stamps and 2 colours of Staz-on-ink. No select pattern as to where to stamp with what colour. I just started with the bigger stamp and stamped 2 or 3 images before stamping with the smaller images. Have loves Staz-on ink since it first came out a few years back. This project reminded me why - Staz-on gives a crisp image every time, it dries on slick surfaces and is water proof!




This project took me less than an hour, and it truly was FUN FUN FUN! It used my scrapbooking supplies outside of the traditional scrapbook box..... I challenge you to do the same, you may be surprised by the results.














1 comment:

StampingBetty said...

What a great idea! They look great! You'll be getting lots of inquiries on your original shoes!